Polyester fabric is a kind of chemical fiber clothing fabric used in daily life. Its greatest advantage is that it has good wrinkle resistance and shape retention, so it is suitable for gym clothes, outdoor products such as coats and garments, various bags, and tents.
Let’s see 5 main features of polyester fabric.
- Polyester fabric has high strength and elastic recovery ability, so it is firm and durable, wrinkle-resistant and non-ironing.
- Polyester fabric has poor hygroscopicity, which makes it sweltering in summer, and it is easy to bring static electricity in winter, which affects comfort. However, it is extremely dry after washing, and its wet strength hardly drops and does not deform, so it has good washable and wearable properties.
- It is the best heat-resistant fabric in polyester synthetic fiber fabric, with thermoplastic properties, and can be made into pleated skirts with lasting pleats.
- The lightfastness of polyester fabric is better than that of acrylic fiber, and its light fastness is better than that of natural fiber fabric. Especially, the sun-resistant ability behind the glass is very good, almost equal to that of acrylic fiber.
- Polyester fabric has good resistance to various chemicals. Acid and alkali have little damage to them, and they are not afraid of mold or moths.
In addition, there are some variant materials of terylene, such as cationic polyester, whose cloth effect can produce a unique two-color effect, which is also more and more widely used in the field of clothing production.