The commonly used materials for compression clothing manufacturing are cotton/spandex, nylon, spandex with LATEX, PVC, and LATEX. Let’s talk about these 5 types of materials.
1) Cotton & spandex: Elastic, comfortable and dynamic.
The material is commonly used to make compression pants and is popular with dancers. They do not produce static electricity, also have the advantages of smooth feel, good flexibility, with highly cost-effective.
2) Nylon: Polyamide Fiber is the general name of Polyamide Fiber produced in China, which is internationally known as “Nylon”.
Nylon has high strength, abrasion resistance, and good elasticity. It can be used for all kinds of clothes and knitwear. Nylon yarn is the most popular yarn used by compression clothing manufacturers. The main varieties of nylon are nylon 6 and nylon 66, their physical properties are similar. The hygroscopicity and dying of nylon are better than polyester, but its fiber strength will decline if suffered long-term exposure to sunlight.
3) Spandex with LATEX: Strong visual impact.
This kind of fabric has good brightness, great elasticity and great visual impact under lighting. It is mostly used in stage performance. Its disadvantage is can’t be washed in water, and easy to fade.
4) PVC: Super bright, good feel, the thick fabric toughness is quite good.
In some European and American countries, large entertainment activities can see many stars wearing, is a luxury. PVC fabrics are relatively less elastic, so the tights made of this material must be tailored.
5) LATEX: It is a new kind of corset fashion material; the fabric is strong elasticity and contraction force.
It is the best material for making corset and compression clothes at present. LATEX tights are used in many classic science fiction films of western countries.
Because LATEX materials are impervious to air and water, LATEX fabrics can also be used for the processing of bodysuits and sportswear, diving suits and swimsuits, and game uniforms.